Recovery Training InstituteAdditional Trainings
Ready to start learning?
Adult Mental Health First Aid© (9 CEUs, Free)
Duration of training: 2 days/8 hours (4 hours per day)
Cost: Free to individuals who live or work in Wayne County ($30 for non-Wayne County)
CEUs offered: 9
Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)© teaches individuals how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults. Topics covered in this training include common signs and symptoms of mental health and substance use challenges, how to interact with a person in crisis and connect them to help, as well as expanded content on trauma, substance use, and self-care.
In Adult MHFA©, you will learn how to:
- Recognize the potential risk factors and warning signs for a range of mental health problems, including: depression, anxiety/trauma, psychosis and psychotic disorders, substance use disorders, and self-injury
- Use a 5-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional help
- Interpret the prevalence of various mental health disorders in the US and the need for reduced negative attitudes in their communities
- Apply knowledge of the appropriate professional, peer, social, and self-help resources available to help treat and manage the mental health challenges in order to achieve recovery
- Assess their own views and feelings about mental health challenges
- Recognize and discuss the impacts of stigma, stereotypes, and biases about mental illness
Click here for more details about Adult Mental Health First Aid©.
CCAR Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches© (16 CEUs, $50)
Duration of training: 2 days/16 hours (8 hours per day)
CEUs offered: 16
CCAR Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches (Ethics)© is a 2-day training designed to help coaches and anyone else working the in the peer role understand how critical it is to be ethically responsible. Through presentations, small group work, and role play, trainees will address many areas, such as defining the coaching service role and functions, coaching standards, issues of vulnerability, ethical decision-making, performance enhancement, and legal issues. CCAR Ethics is based on the widely used Ethical Guidelines for the Delivery of Peer-based Recovery Support Services by William White and PRO-ACT (2007).
In CCAR Ethics©, you will learn how to:
- Define ethics and the role ethics play in providing Recovery Coach services
- Understand the importance of professional boundaries as a Recovery Coach
- Use a systematic decision-making process
- Develop guidelines for making ethical decisions
- Apply your newly learned skills to your role as a peer worker
Click here for more details about CCAR Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches©.
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© (30 CEUs, $200)
Duration of training: 5 days/30 hours (6 hours per day)
CEUs offered: 30
CCAR Recovery Coach Academy (RCA)© is a 5-day training that provides individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor, and support anyone seeking to enter or sustain long-term recovery from addiction to drugs or alcohol. RCA© prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask really good questions, and discover and manage their own challenges.
In RCA©, you will learn how to:
- Describe the Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values, and guiding principles of recovery
- Build skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Understand the stages of change, recovery, and their applications
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure and sharing your story
- Better your awareness of culture, power, and privilege
- Address ethical and boundary issues
- Experience and practice recovery wellness planning
Click here for more details about CCAR Recovery Coach Academy©.
For trainings conducted virtually, trainees will need an electronic device, such as a laptop, tablet, or iPad with a web cam and microphone and audio capability. When in-person trainings are not possible, some trainings will be conducted via Zoom. Click here to review Zoom technology requirements.